Thank you for your interest in applying to enrol at Beeliar Primary School. We understand choosing a school for your child is an important decision. Enrolments for Kindergarten through to Year 6 in 2024 are now open.
Enrolment requirements differ from school to school. Beeliar Primary School is a local-intake school with a defined boundary as described in the local intake tab. Families who reside within the local-intake area are guaranteed enrolment for their children in the compulsory years of schooling (PP to Year 6). Children whose usual place of residence is not in the local-intake area are accommodated where possible but acceptance is at the principal’s discretion. Parents are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, even if the child is of compulsory schools age and is guaranteed a place in the school. This will assist us with planning for the following year.
The Western Australian Government fully funds Kindergarten for age-eligible children in public schools and supplements the cost of Kindergarten in Catholic and independent schools. Children may be enrolled in Kindergarten in one school only, either public or private.
From 2020, only Kindergarten children can only enrol if:
- their immunisation status is ‘up to date’; or
- they are on an approved immunisation catch up plan; or
- they meet the criteria to be an exempt child because of particular family circumstances.
Applications for enrolment for Kindergarten are accepted during the year prior to the child commencing. The closing date for first round offers is on the first Friday in July of Term 3. Applications may still be made after this date and will be considered on a case by case basis, in accordance with the Department of Education’s Enrolment Policy which can be found at http://www.det.wa.edu.au/policies.
Pre-Primary is the first year of compulsory school. Every child of Pre-Primary age is required to attend school and is guaranteed a place at their local school. To enrol, your child must be five years old by 30 June in the year they attend Pre-Primary.
If your child is currently attending our Kindergarten , you will receive correspondence later in the year regarding enrolment into Pre-primary.
Enrolment in a public school is a two step process.
Step 1: Application for Enrolment
Parents lodge an Application for Enrolment Form with the school along with your child’s supporting documentation.
These documents may be uploaded or scanned to include:
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (original or certified copy) or extract or other identity documents
- AUSTRALIAN IMMUNISATION HISTORY STATEMENT – Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement that is not more than two months old; or an Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Form for children on a catch up schedule that is not more than six months old; or an Immunisation Certificate issued by the Chief Health Officer.
Other immunisation documents are no longer accepted.
- PROOF OF ADDRESS – Utility bill / Drivers licence / Tenancy Agreement / Statutory Declaration form (Dual Occupancy)
- Copies of Family Court or any other court orders (if applicable)
- Information relating to suspensions or exclusions
- Information relating to disability
IF YOUR CHILD WAS NOT BORN IN AUSTRALIA OR BOTH PARENTS WERE BORN OVERSEAS, please provide the following details:
- Date of entry into Australia
- Passport or travel documents
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
- Visa Grant Notice (please provide original Visa Grant Notice if on a bridging visa)
If your child is a temporary visa holder, you must also provide:
- Confirmation of placement or enrolment for an overseas fee-paying student or evidence of any permission to transfer provided by TAFE International WA, or
- Evidence of the visa for which the student has applied if the student holds a bridging visa
Application for Enrolment Form – Click to download
If you are applying for the following year, you will be advised in writing about your application within three weeks of the closing date for applications (that is after the end of the first week of Term 3). If you are applying for the current year, you will be advised in writing as soon as possible.
Step 2: Enrolment
Once your enrolment application has been received, it will be reviewed by the school and you will be notified of the outcome. If your enrolment is approved, you will be asked to complete the enrolment form at the school.
If your Application for Enrolment is not accepted, you will be advised in writing within three weeks of the advertised closing date for applications.