SING SAY PLAY MOVE CLAP
Aims of the Beeliar Primary School Music Program
- To experience enjoyment and fun
- To provide a safe environment for our students to step out of their comfort zones and find their ‘voice’
- To experience the exhilaration of creating and performing together
- To build community spirit and a sense of belonging
- To create a desired (passion) and ability for continued musical activity and growth
A range of concepts are covered in the music classroom program. Students from Pre-Primary to Year 6 are engaged in learning the skills of beat, rhythm, pitch, melody, improvisation, movement and body percussion. Concepts are taught aligned with the K to 10 Music Syllabus using the National Judging Standards to assess learning intentions and caters to the needs of all children.
The music program builds confidence, courage and creativity in Beeliar students with the virtues and values of the Stand Tall program embedded in its lessons and routines.